This would be a Buggy with the steering axle in the rear as well as the front similar to a monster truck. Almost always a full tube chassis with Sticky Competition Tires.
This can be a full tube chassis or a truck converted to a buggy with Sticky Competition tires and only steering from the front axle.
This is a entry level class where of a more stock-ish truck can compete, you must have a 6 point cage, D.O.T. tires, 4 or 5 point harness seat belts and make sure it complies to all other tech rules
The Island Cup is becoming bigger and better every year. We would like to continue to put on this event for you so please help us represent wheeling in a family friendly manner.
No driving on any part of the course at any time. Only competitors driving on the designated course during their runs will be allowed. No driving anything in camp unless you are leaving. No pit bikes/quads.
Please do not touch any of the competition vehicles and do not enter the race areas at any time unless asked by an official.
No pets allowed on the property for safety reasons.
This event is for the people and family’s so please keep your language respectful.
No smoking or vaporizers in the Westshore Motorsports Park Stands
If you cause problems or are intoxicated, you will be asked to leave and not invited back.
Drinking for drivers and spotters will not be tolerated before or during the competition.
Everyone is donating their time to make this happen, please respect the volunteers.
No Country Music.
Keep your private parts private!
You must sleep at least twice this weekend.
KEEP IT CLASSY!
ISLAND CUP 2022 COMPETITION RULES
EVERY SECTION WILL BE TIMED, LOWEST OVERALL COMBINED TIME FROM BOTH DAYS WINS
1. NO WHINING
2. 7 MINUTE TIME LIMIT PER SECTION (NOT INCLUDING WINCHING PENALTIES)
3. A DNF WILL BE SCORED BY USING THE WORST COMPLETED TIME INCLUDING PENALTIES FOR THAT SECTION PLUS 25%
4. NO RE-DO’S ON ANY SECTION (KARL)
5. YOU MUST HAVE 4 WHEEL DRIVE TO START A SECTION (NO HOLDING
EVERYONE UP TRYING 2WD BECAUSE YOU BROKE)
6. NO STACKING ROCKS
7. DO NOT TOUCH ANY RACE VEHICLES DURING THE RACE UNLESS
ASKED BY COURSE OFFICIAL, USE STRAP – BE SAFE.
8. IF YOU ROLL OVER AND CAN DRIVE OUT OF IT OR SELF RECOVER KEEP MOVING, IF YOU ROLL OVER AND NEED RECOVERY ASSISTANCE, THE COURSE MARSHALL WILL DNF YOU FOR THE SECTION.
9. IF YOU ARE ON FIRE OR LEAKING FLUIDS, YOU WILL BE STOPPED AND DNF. THIS IS FOR SAFETY AND UP TO THE COURSE OFFICIAL
10. MUST KEEP 2 TIRES ON COURSE AT ALL TIMES, TRYING TO DRIVE AROUND OBSTACLES WILL BE DNF.
11. PULLING WINCH BEFORE 3 SOLID TRIES WILL BE DNF AND PUBLIC SHAMING
12. WINCH LINE WEIGHT (IF USING STEEL LINE) MUST BE USED, TREE SAVER
STRAPS MUST BE USED ON TREES WHEN WINCHING TO OR DNF FOR THAT SECTION
13. SPOTTERS MAY START/FINISH ANYWHERE ON THE COURSE. EQUIPMENT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE IN THE VEHICLE WHEN YOU CROSS THE FINISH LINE. eg: straps and snatch blocks.
(IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PLEASE SEND US AN E-MAIL)
14. SPOTTER AND DRIVER MUST WEAR A HELMET AT ALL TIMES
15. WINCH LINE MUST BE SPOOLED IN AT START AND FINISH LINE, NOT ATTACHED TO ANY TREE OR OTHER RECOVERY POINT
16. WINCHING WILL BE A 3 MIN PENALTY PER CONNECTION POINT
17. NO RIDING ON THE OUTSIDE OF VEHICLE NOT EVEN AS BALLAST
18. DRIVER MUST WEAR FIRE SUIT OR FIRE-RESISTANT COVERALLS
19. SPOTTER MUST WEAR FIRE SUIT OR FIRE-RESISTANT COVERALLS IF RIDING IN VEHICLE
20. THE ONLY WHEELING THAT WILL BE HAPPENING DURING THIS EVENT WILL BE THE COMPETITORS ON THEIR SET COURSE. NO NON-COMPETITION VEHICLES ALLOWED ON OR NEAR THE COURSE DURING THIS WEEKEND PERIOD. EG; NO FRIENDS, FAMILY OR COMPETITORS PLAYING ON THE PROPERTY….
21. DO NOT DISRESPECT ANY VOLUNTEERS (REMEMBER THEY ARE GIVING THEIR TIME SO YOU GUYS AND GALS CAN COMPETE)
THESE RULES MAY CHANGE AT ANYTIME BEFORE THE EVENT
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE RULES SET FORTH HEREIN ARE DESIGNED FOR THE ORDERLY CONDUCT OF RACING EVENTS AND TO ESTABLISH MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCH EVENTS.
THESE RULES WILL GOVERN THE CONDITION OF THE EVENT, AND BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS EVENT, ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE COMPLIED WITH THESE RULES.
NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS.
They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
Specific officials shall be empowered to permit minor deviation from any of the rules herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements.
Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the Officials. Their decision is final.
YOU MUST HAVE APPROVAL OF TECHNICAL INSPECTION FROM ONE OF THE ISLAND CUP INSPECTORS TO COMPETE
Copyright © 2019 islandcup.ca - All Rights Reserved.
at Westshore Motorsports Park
REGISTRATION FOR COMPETITORS CLOSED